Thursday, September 1, 2011

moody masculine

I understand the stereotypical "masculine" design style - dark wood, deep neutral colors, dim lighting - but I'm not sure if the style suits every male on this planet.  I know that it definitely suits Chuck, as he is always saying "turn off the lights!" and "close the blinds!" as if we're some type of mutants living in a hole underground.  I, on the other hand, prefer everything open and airy....let in the daylight, soft and flowy sheers, whitewashed furniture, bright and cheery fabrics.  I don't quite understand his thought process - I'll take a stab at it and say that he works outside in the sun all day, so I'm assuming that when he comes home he just wants to function in the darkness...  To each his own, literally!



above two images via House & Home










3 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the mood these rooms evoke...

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love light and airy rooms but every now and then a dark and cozy room fits the mood.
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a light and airy room but am also really drawn to a more masculine design. Always have been.

    ReplyDelete