Wednesday, December 22, 2010

fanciful feathers

Although I love the traditional Christmas decor (ie. bulbs, lights, garland, etc.), I can't help but find myself straying to the non-traditional.  My stray of choice this year.............feathers!  I love the whimsy they add, and there are so many ways to incorporate them into the holiday festivities.

I'm all about the traditional pine tree, but the look of these feather trees are so soft and airy as opposed to the sharp needles we often contend with...

Green Feather Tree, Pier 1 Imports

image via Family Circle


It's all about the presentation: the feathers applied to the end of this gift ribbon add great contrast and texture to the neatly wrapped package.



By combining feathers with natural foliage, they spruce up the monotony of the branches by adding vibrant color and varied texture. 

image via House Beautiful

image via Family Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment