Monday, January 17, 2011

and the award goes to...

After watching the Golden Globes last night (and yes, I did have a Golden Globes viewing party complete with appetizers and cocktails...), I've been inspired to present some awards of my own.  Of course, on an architecture and design standpoint.  Every year, the IBS (no, not the IBS you're thinking of, rather the International Builders' Show) gives its own type of "Golden Globes" in the form of the Builder's Choice Awards.  The awards are broken down into many categories: Project of the Year, Grand Award Winners, Merit Award Winners, Special Focus Winners, etc, etc.  Looking back on the year 2010, I thought for this week I'd share some of my favorite award winning projects from the Builder's Choice Awards.

2010 Grand Award Winner
Lagoon Pond Pavilion
Vineyard Haven, Mass.
Category:  Custom Home, 3,500 to 6,000 square feet

This home caught my eye due to the natural raw materials and clean cut architecture.  The lines are very modern, yet its organic features and natural light keep it feeling comforable and warm.  Oh, and that view!  Spectacular!












images and info via Builder Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment