Tuesday, January 11, 2011

rustic-done-right

Recently, as I shuffle by magazine displays everywhere, this new issue of Elle Decor has been catching my eye every time (not only due to the interior eye candy, but also the contrast of the hot pink lettering against the wood tone...bravo, graphic team!)...


....and I think, "Wow, what a great space!"  And I move on.  Finally, I was in Borders yesterday and just had to take a peek at the space that's been catching my interest lately, and I'm sure glad I did!  This is the luxury that's been hiding behind the eye-catching cover... 
















I would even be as bold to say that this wins as one of my spaces of the year, even though it's only January!  I just love the rustic-done-right, the large voluminous spaces, and the warm tones created by both natural materials and soft fabrics.....

2 comments:

  1. My best friend just bought a beautiful mountain home in Park City, Utah. I need to tell her about this artical!!I love the rustic these days...especially with the white. I have another blog called allaboutwalls.wordpress.com I shared a few pics from your site and linked back to you. I haven't really announced it...I'm still downloading content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rene! I'll have to check out your other blog! And I appreciate the link : ) I just looove this rustic home....and I'm quite jealous of your friend!!! Maybe we'll be seeing pics of her home on your blog soon?!?

    ReplyDelete